Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 517 - Time Traveler announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: KI Kidd and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby Jaykethekid » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:00 pm

This coaster is looking amazing. I just can't believe how such a quaint and calm park like Silver Dollar City can devise such crazy rides. Though, I'm kinda baffled by the complete absence of theming anywhere during the ride. Maybe they will pull an Outlaw Run and use the terrain and setting as the theme, but if they go with the time travel theme, it would be hard to symbolize time travel with out at least some theming during the ride. Maybe the theming will come at a later time in construction or do what Hansa Park did with Karnan and add the theming after the ride was built to spread out the cost.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ElvisLuv » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Jaykethekid wrote:This coaster is looking amazing. I just can't believe how such a quaint and calm park like Silver Dollar City can devise such crazy rides. Though, I'm kinda baffled by the complete absence of theming anywhere during the ride. Maybe they will pull an Outlaw Run and use the terrain and setting as the theme, but if they go with the time travel theme, it would be hard to symbolize time travel with out at least some theming during the ride. Maybe the theming will come at a later time in construction or do what Hansa Park did with Karnan and add the theming after the ride was built to spread out the cost.

The next to last pic show's what I believe is the foundation of a show building mid course the opening is the door to mechanical.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:16 pm

Dear God. . . This thing looks better and better with every new photo. Looks like will be back to visiting the park every other weekend next season!!

(I'm still hoping it doesn't have spinning trains) mainly because if it does I know my partner will never get to ride it. . . Which is going to cause me to not enjoy it as much. #PleaseNoSpinning

Postby Vonni » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Oh man, this is going to be amazing!

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:20 pm

That there coaster is a thing of beauty.
113 wood+496 steel=609|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:41 pm

I will be there early and often in 2018!!
Cincy -> Chicago

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Ed Farmer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Based on the pictures, at this point, I think I'd be down with it even if it's a spinner. Looking so awesome.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby prozach626 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:42 am

Jaykethekid wrote:This coaster is looking amazing. I just can't believe how such a quaint and calm park like Silver Dollar City can devise such crazy rides. Though, I'm kinda baffled by the complete absence of theming anywhere during the ride. Maybe they will pull an Outlaw Run and use the terrain and setting as the theme, but if they go with the time travel theme, it would be hard to symbolize time travel with out at least some theming during the ride. Maybe the theming will come at a later time in construction or do what Hansa Park did with Karnan and add the theming after the ride was built to spread out the cost.

Theming will be the last thing put in place.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Shavethewhales » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Apparently the station building is very, very close to be entirely complete. The walkways to and from are just about finished, and there is even AC inside. Sounds like it could be highly themed like Wildfire's station? That's my hope at least.

Honestly, Wildfire never gets mentioned enough for just how awesome its station is. Outside of parks connected to major media companies, I have yet to find a more intriguing station for a coaster.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jaykethekid » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Shavethewhales wrote:Apparently the station building is very, very close to be entirely complete. The walkways to and from are just about finished, and there is even AC inside. Sounds like it could be highly themed like Wildfire's station? That's my hope at least.

Honestly, Wildfire never gets mentioned enough for just how awesome its station is. Outside of parks connected to major media companies, I have yet to find a more intriguing station for a coaster.

I absolutely love Wildfire's station. It's beautiful! I honestly don't mind waiting in longer lines on wildfire because I'm bound to find a new interesting detail every time. The theming is just so detailed!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!