Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4113 - Updates to Cedar Point Boardwalk
Users viewing this topic: Afterburner, mpmbee, Virus and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby mark549 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:48 pm

double post, sorry, couldn't find delete

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby fiestatexasfan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:03 pm

larrygator wrote:
chammonds96 wrote:
coasterkyle wrote:Or instead of calling them dumb, they just don't care like we do and/or don't look at it and notice every single change going on. They see a coaster that was announced that it was being torn down, so they see the cranes and they think nothing of it other than its being dismantled.

No, they are dumb. They can obviously see bright new steel track on what was a wood coaster. What thinking person would think new track means it's being torn down? There is also the fact that you don't need to be precise and exacting if it's being completely torn down. They can tear down a wood coaster really quick if you have no need to save parts or relocate it. They could just wrecking ball it over the off season.

So can you casually walk past a auto body shop and know if new parts, after market parts or second hand parts are being installed. If not car enthusiasts think you are dumb.

That is perfectly said. Paying attention to what is going on with MS is probably most of the GP's least of worries.
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler
Last park visited- Six Flags Fiesta Texas (7-18-17)
-Last roller coaster ridden- Roadrunner Express (7-18-17)
-Last flat ride ridden- Spinsanity (7-18-17)
-Last water park ride ridden- Thunder rapids (7-18-17)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:03 pm

larrygator wrote:
chammonds96 wrote:
coasterkyle wrote:Or instead of calling them dumb, they just don't care like we do and/or don't look at it and notice every single change going on. They see a coaster that was announced that it was being torn down, so they see the cranes and they think nothing of it other than its being dismantled.

No, they are dumb. They can obviously see bright new steel track on what was a wood coaster. What thinking person would think new track means it's being torn down? There is also the fact that you don't need to be precise and exacting if it's being completely torn down. They can tear down a wood coaster really quick if you have no need to save parts or relocate it. They could just wrecking ball it over the off season.

So can you casually walk past a auto body shop and know if new parts, after market parts or second hand parts are being installed. If not car enthusiasts think you are dumb.

Bigger is not always better.

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:42 pm

^^ Or if they're a Chinese knock-off? :lol:

Seriously though, I was just talking to the lady that works at our credit union last week because she said that her family (they go annually) went during Beer, Brews and BBQ - she also thought that they were tearing it down. She also said the same thing with regards to seeing cranes, but said that she didn't even notice the steel track. When I explained to her about the RMC conversion, she got super excited because she said that she never rides it anymore because it's too rough.

So I am thinking that a lot of guests that go there every year probably just completely ignore Mean Streak (like it's not even there) because of the pure shit-show that it had become. I could see the GP basically saying: "They're tearing it down? Good, that ride sucked anyway".

Maybe they were more enamored of seeing Skyhawk, Maverick or possibly....Lusty Lil's, Beer & BBQ that they didn't even notice what was being dangled overhead.

Probably several folks that were like, "Ohhhh....a beer fest...look at...all....of....this.......beeeeeer! :lover:

Area food and beer distraction to the non-enthusiast and a long drawn out speculation for the enthusiasts....those folks from CF know just what they're doing! ;)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Third thread I've had to clean out today due to the nonsense of one fool.

Strike three, he's out.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:33 pm

chickenbowl wrote:
grsupercity wrote:My wife is not nearly as passionate about coasters as I am. My Wife never noticed the steel track on Mean Streak until I pointed it out to her. Even then I had to reference Storm Chaser and Goliath as references to her to try to explain to her what they were doing. Its not a common thing to the gp.

Sorry to break it to you, but I think your wife might have a classic case of "dumb"...

/s

My wife is an occupational therapist. I am sure you will have to look it up. When you get done with that read the rest of my post. The general public do not follow every little step of construction on a roller coaster. It never crossed her mind to look at Mean Streak and study it. The general public don't research every ride at every park. They know nothing of a company that takes old wooden coasters and reengineer them with steel track. I am the coaster fanatic. She just goes for the ride.
1.Maverick 2.Lighting Run 3.Fury 4.Afterburn 5.Raptor 6.GoliathSFGAM 7. Storm Chaster 8.Thunderhawk 9.Raging Bull 10.Shivering Timbers 11.Millennium Force

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:37 pm

"/"s and the context of the post denotes sarcasm.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:50 pm

coasterbill wrote:"/"s and the context of the post denotes sarcasm.

Sorry Bill. Did not see the last part. I get use to so many trolls on these sites. Carry on :lmao:
1.Maverick 2.Lighting Run 3.Fury 4.Afterburn 5.Raptor 6.GoliathSFGAM 7. Storm Chaster 8.Thunderhawk 9.Raging Bull 10.Shivering Timbers 11.Millennium Force

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:06 pm

We will be at the hard hat tour tomorrow. Watch our socials. Going to try to live stream if the connection is good.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 pm

:nina: :nina: :nina:
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

PreviousNext