Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 3983 - Mean Streak Construction Update! Photos! Video!
Users viewing this topic: MicrosoftExcel, SLCHeadache, Steely Dan, thedazza and 19 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby MidwestThemeParks » Fri May 19, 2017 8:43 pm

bgtlover wrote:One more question/post involving the weather. I'm planning my first trip to the park next year and wonder what it's usually like mid-late June? I plan on 2-3 days there either the week of the 18th or 25th (either option being a Mon-Wed). Would it be better to wait until after July 4th? During this trip I also plan on 1 day at Carowinds on the way up and 1.5-2 days at Kings Island after CP. If it's in our budget, a day at Kentucky Kingdom as well.

When I was there in mid-June last year for three days it was 80s and only rained one of the days and not until 9ish pm. But, like has been said many times before, there is no way to predict what the weather might be like. It could be windy, rainy, or sunny. But one thing is for sure, the park will be storming with enthusiasts because of New Mean Streak :airtime:
Total Coasters: 51
Total Rides: 115

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby WOFanatic » Fri May 19, 2017 8:44 pm

fiestatexasfan wrote:So how bout Mean Streak? :roll: :roll:

Last time I checked this website wasn't Weather at Cedar Point Review

Yes? Instead of talking about a topic that could make or break someone's vacation, let's talk about the new ride that hasn't changed one bit in the last two weeks because you're bored.
Favorites: 1. Maverick 2. Outlaw Run 3. Rougarou 4. Raptor 5. Top Thrill Dragster 6. Shockwave (SFOT) 7. Prowler 8. American Thunder 9. Batman 10. Mamba 11. Gatekeeper 12. Gemini 13. Valravn 14. Millennium Force 15. Powder Keg

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby JJLehto » Fri May 19, 2017 8:52 pm

To be fair, a big part of this site is trip planning/expectations/tips etc it's always been a big help to me and ya know, it's important to have an idea of weather to be expected. That could potentially ruin a trip. Also not the be that guy but is a new comment every day about the next piece of lumber added or the next 1/10th of a turn installed that critical? I love coaster construction but not much changes every day...hate to say but while the pics are great they all look kinda the same to me. I'll not really check too actively for a few weeks and see progress then.
tl;dr not much is happening with Mean Streak on a day to day basis what's to be excited about right now?
Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Skyrush, I305, El Toro, Bizarro (SF:NE), Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Maverick, Storm Runner
2017 parks: Universal Studios/IoA, Cedar Point

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/9cbb168b84d6bba36cba5af5efb6d6b6.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby DILinator » Fri May 19, 2017 10:17 pm

JJLehto wrote:

To be fair, a big part of this site is trip planning/expectations/tips etc it's always been a big help to me and ya know, it's important to have an idea of weather to be expected. That could potentially ruin a trip. Also not the be that guy but is a new comment every day about the next piece of lumber added or the next 1/10th of a turn installed that critical? I love coaster construction but not much changes every day...hate to say but while the pics are great they all look kinda the same to me. I'll not really check too actively for a few weeks and see progress then.
tl;dr not much is happening with Mean Streak on a day to day basis what's to be excited about right now?

Yeah, but to be even more fair, to sum up talking about weather at CP you can just say: "The weather at CP changes rapidly, and is always pretty hard to predict. Just go, hope for the best, and enjoy what you can!", and then give that as a stock answer, and move on from the conversation. Seriously... Trying to predict the weather at CP is worse than trying to predict weather in Michigan, which is nearly impossible. I'm going to CP on the 25th. Right now it's calling for rain showers in the AM. Until that morning, the forecast doesn't really matter. And even then, it matters very little...

As for RMC Streak, I'm all for as much talk about this amazing creation as possible! :lover:
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mjollner » Fri May 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Anybody consider that Meanstreak RMC could be... two different dueling coasters in the same structure? One launched and one lifthill.
Don't shoot me, I'm on my phone and the layout is kind of hard to grasp... but considering how much the construction is confusing people and the teaser " they are coming".
Possible?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sheikofhyrule » Sat May 20, 2017 6:23 am

DILinator wrote:Yeah, but to be even more fair, to sum up talking about weather at CP you can just say: "The weather at CP changes rapidly, and is always pretty hard to predict. Just go, hope for the best, and enjoy what you can!", and then give that as a stock answer, and move on from the conversation. Seriously... Trying to predict the weather at CP is worse than trying to predict weather in Michigan, which is nearly impossible. I'm going to CP on the 25th. Right now it's calling for rain showers in the AM. Until that morning, the forecast doesn't really matter. And even then, it matters very little...

As for RMC Streak, I'm all for as much talk about this amazing creation as possible! :lover:

I am a long time lurker of the boards since I never get out often enough, but I like reading everyone's stories and opinions. We will also be at Cedar Point on the 25th. We are traveling 6-7 hours and staying at the Breakers for a couple of nights. We will either use Starlight tickets on Wednesday night or full tickets on Fridays and leave early depending on travel and weather. We got the Black Friday deal, so we have Fast Passes for Thursdays. Even if they are not necessary, they were the motivation behind making the trip. We are exciting about going back for the first time in eight years. Later on in the summer, we hopefully will make it to King's Island.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby MiABeta » Sat May 20, 2017 6:29 am

To the post above possibly, but after looking at some more of the structure the dueling doesn't seem possible at certain points. And on the topic of weather, there was a 20% chance of rain at 2 and at 9 when we left in the morning. It rained for 45 minutes at 2:30 and rained the rest of the day starting at 5. Normally I'm a trooper in the rain but I was freezing cold without the rain, let alone once it came because the temperature barely reached 54. As far as I know Gemini never opened, however they were running one train on Gatekeeper, Raptor, Bluestreak and Millenium force (even maverick was up but with more than one train) in the rain and light wind. We rode Gatekeeper and Raptor and both felt like we were getting pelted with rocks so we decided against Millenium in the rain too. Also we rode TTD before it went down for the day, and Valravan was running on and off in the rain. I actually had quite a bit of fun even though it rained a lot, it was so nice to ride again since this was my first trip of the season and I can't wait to go later this summer when the weather will be better hopefully.
Top 5 Steel: Maverick, Millenium Force, Kraken, Valravn, Behemoth
Top 5 Wood: Shivering Timbers, Blue Streak, Zach's Zoomer, Mean Streak, Wolverine Wildcat
Mean Streak: Never Forget

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby gratteciel » Sat May 20, 2017 8:09 am

I went in early June last year. We flew into Cleveland, rode out severe weather warnings at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame (so amazing, by the way) then drove to Sandusky in the evening. We decided to drive by CP to find everything was completely closed due to a power outage, and they later announced the park wouldn't open the following day, either. We ended up driving down to KI the next day and doing CP the day after. Plus, they comped our room at Breakers Express for one night, which was nice. It was also abnormally cold for June according to locals, so I'm sure that shift had something to do with the severe weather. The weather definitely isn't predictable, but maybe summer is more reliable than late spring? I know that's the case where I live...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat May 20, 2017 8:37 am

mjollner wrote:Anybody consider that Meanstreak RMC could be... two different dueling coasters in the same structure? One launched and one lifthill.
Don't shoot me, I'm on my phone and the layout is kind of hard to grasp... but considering how much the construction is confusing people and the teaser " they are coming".
Possible?

No.
Last edited by DoinItForTheFame on Sat May 20, 2017 8:59 am.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby JT325 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:42 am

Dueling Mean Streak RMC? Totally possible. One long coaster that duels with itself? Totally possible. Two coasters that duel with each other? Totally possible.

Now it's just the waiting game. I am really enjoying this thing unfold. 10 months left for construction and testing.
Last edited by JT325 on Sat May 20, 2017 2:38 pm.
#CPFrontierLift2019

PreviousNext