TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Is there even that much space for a barrel roll? Doesn't seem like it at all.

I was thinking there didn't seem like enough space for a barrel roll, nor does it even seem to have enough speed left at that point to do a barrel roll. Granted, you can't really judge the speed of a ride by the rendering. . . But still. Given the layout and location of the shed, it seems to have tapered off by that point.

If you look at the blueprints on Screamscape you'll notice the Shed is the transfer track. So whatever is in there is going to be strictly visual probably.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1VA-DxUoAAUuQk.jpg:large

Wonder if you'll move down the transfer and stop right after before turning and videos/lighting or whatever plays to.... anyway its exciting to see we only have 90 Days till opening day!

To be honest, my expectations for what's in the shed are pretty low. I expect some screens and possibly some props that "wrap up" the story line, and that's about it. I'd sure love to be wrong, though.

That's pretty much what I am expecting too. . . But I keep hoping that I am wrong. I so want it to be a drop track. I LOVED the drop track on Verbolten, and I'd love to see it incorporated on more coasters. With as much as Kings Island is promoting this #WhatsInTheShed thing, I'd hate for it to just be some screens, and audio.

Oh well. . . Only time will tell.

Since the shed is indeed where the transfer track is, I wonder if they will incorporate the transfer track into it. Maybe they could have the transfer track fall to make it seem like it was overcome by vines.

AKA: Drop Track

With all the tree/vine stuff I'm starting to think the "what" that's in the shed is an actual object/character related to the storyline... i.e. maybe an animatronic tree and some crawling vines and whatnot. Could also apply to the "falling trees" thing that was going on earlier, since the animatronic/effect could be a tree that looks like it's falling onto the coaster. If there is drop track it could be tied in with that.

I think it's the recycled animatronics from the old Enchanted Voyage inside the building!! Maybe some Smurfs, Flinstones, that creepy clown mouth you had to go through, or maybe the Dancing Trees!!!! Those would fit perfectly with the Mystic Timbers Theme!!!

I think it's the recycled animatronics from the old Enchanted Voyage inside the building!! Maybe some Smurfs, Flinstones, that creepy clown mouth you had to go through, or maybe the Dancing Trees!!!! Those would fit perfectly with the Mystic Timbers Theme!!!

Nah, it will be surviving cast of the Brady Bunch selling Yogi Bear Posters.

I was thinking about it again, and if it's a drop track section with a video beforehand, that would cause some capacity issues. Maybe a 5-10 second video with the drop track at the end. So you have 5-10 seconds of video, 5-10 seconds of drop track and then resetting itself, then maybe 5 seconds to move into the station....that's 25 second of time that another car cant come near the shed. And seeing how CP likes to run coasters, that likely means another train cant crest the lift hill until the previous train exits the shed. So capacity is slowed down. Just a thought, but thinking about the timing, it just doesnt make sense.

I was thinking about it again, and if it's a drop track section with a video beforehand, that would cause some capacity issues. Maybe a 5-10 second video with the drop track at the end. So you have 5-10 seconds of video, 5-10 seconds of drop track and then resetting itself, then maybe 5 seconds to move into the station....that's 25 second of time that another car cant come near the shed. And seeing how CP likes to run coasters, that likely means another train cant crest the lift hill until the previous train exits the shed. So capacity is slowed down. Just a thought, but thinking about the timing, it just doesnt make sense.
These are solid thoughts, but there is a brake before the shed that could function as an MCBR. One train could crest the lift and go through the layout while another is in the shed, and then the train would leave the shed before it's time for the other to hit the MCBR.