TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How to get more people to view your page/ channel more!

drummermattk

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, i had a quick question. I run "CoasterMatt Productions" on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube and I was wondering how and what i could do to draw more people in without paying to promote things!

OK, this is actually a VERY good question and I'm going to give you some of my best advice, although this may not apply to all people.

1. First of all, if you want to get more exposure, you're going to HAVE to boost some of your posts. That's just how the socials work now. And this isn't the same as "buying fake likes" from those off-shore twitter farms, this means (especially on Facebook) boosting your post to reach your audience, or specific people who may become your audience. And I don't mean boosting it with hundreds of dollars, but even sometimes $5 per post can go a long way reaching the right people.

Remember, Facebook will NOT deliver your post to most of your followers newsfeeds unless you PAY FOR IT. And that's just how they work now. We have 1.1 million people on our FB page that follow us, and on average, Facebook will deliver posts to about 1/4 of them. If I want to reach more, you have to pay. And that's what is so frustrating about FB.

2. Post calls to action. "Retweet this..." "Share this..." "LIKE if you're a fan..." Some people make fun of this and call it "click bait" but it's really not. The more you remind people to do something, or put that idea in their head, they will do it. And the more you can get your content in front of other people the better.

3. As far as YouTube goes, just keep at it. Sadly, new YouTube channels today take much longer to get going than they used to. You may want to consider doing a YouTube ad targeting people who may be into theme parks. Or you may want to consider FB posts that feature your videos (not a link to YouTube because that's like Facebook newsfeed suicide) with a title card at the end that says to sub your YouTube channel.

It's not easy and remember we've been doing TPR for over 20 years now. Social media channels do not grow overnight anymore. It could take YEARS to have something that will grow in popularity.

Hope that helps!