TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

US Trip from the UK - Request Advice

GeorgeM

Hi, we are coming over for a 15 night road trip in August 2017, principally to visit Cedar Point and Six Flags Great Adventure. Flying into NY, we intend to spend 2 days visiting NYC, thereafter the plan is to drive to Niagara, take in Canada's Wonderland, then go onto Cedar Point, return to SF Great Adventure and head home. Any thoughts as to whether we should consider replacing the Wonderland/Niagara leg by taking in Dorney Park and Hersheypark instead?....or is Wonderland the better option? Thanks in advance for any feedback....

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question...

Hmm, if you look at Canada's Wonderland / Niagara Falls Area versus Dorney/Hershey...

This is tough one as I'm not the biggest fan of the majority of those places!

It's certainly a MUCH easier trip (mileage, border crossings, extra time, etc.) if you do Dorney/Hershey. Plus you could add Knoebels, or maybe just do Knoebels in place of Dorney!

It seems to me that I would choose that. Leave Canada (and other parks that you can do easier with that itinerary) for another time.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I would do:

Cedar Point

Kennywood

Hersheypark

Knoebels

Dorney Park

Six Flags Great Adventure

Possibly add one or more of the following (most of these are small parks with one or two major coasters):

Conneaut Lake Park

Idlewild

DelGrosso's

Lakemont

Dutch Wonderland

Morey's Piers

Playland's Castaway Cove

• 2 weeks later...

Your plan sounds very similar to our upcoming holiday. From my research I have come up with the following plan;

Fly to New York, Knobels, Cedar Point, Kennywood, Herseypark (as a slight preference to Dorney Park), Six Flags Great America, then Back to New York for a few days, which may include a ride out to Coney Island for the Cyclone.

If you are also planning on going to Canadas wonderland, as a previous post I think this might be a distance to far for a short stay.

Enjoy, wherever you end of going.