TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb! Can you help me with Dollywood

Imagineer Josh

Hi Robb,

Over my Spring Break (the last week of March going into April), I'll be heading to Dollywood. I have a few questions to ask you for my visit.

1. What is the best hotel to stay at in the area?

2. I know that the TimeSaver Pass is only like $30, but would it be necessary during the last week of March going into April?

3. For sure, I'll be starting with Lightning Rod. But after that, should I go counter clockwise (head towards Blazing Fury/Wild Eagle), or clockwise (head towards Thunderhead) to get the shortest lines?

4. Any seats on specific roller coasters I should know about to get the smoothest/best experience possible?

Thanks, any feedback is considered helpful!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What is the best hotel to stay at in the area?

We really like the hotels that are on the "main drag" in Pigeon Forge. You're within walking distance of tons of stuff and the trolley transportation is great, too!

2. I know that the TimeSaver Pass is only like $30, but would it be necessary during the last week of March going into April?

The Timesaver pass seems like you can easily buy it during your park visit if you need it. But I would ask in the Dollywood discussion thread how busy it generally is during those times. For me, I get it even if lines are only 20 minutes. Those extra minutes always add up during the day and you can spend your time relaxing or getting more rides in instead of waiting in lines.

3. For sure, I'll be starting with Lightning Rod. But after that, should I go counter clockwise (head towards Blazing Fury/Wild Eagle), or clockwise (head towards Thunderhead) to get the shortest lines?

I'm not sure it really matters that much, to be honest. I've found at Dollywood there doesn't seem to be one side that gets any more/less busier than the other. I guess if you want to really try to avoid crowds, go all the way to the back and start at Tennessee Tornado, but eventually you'll run into to crowds no matter which way you go.

4. Any seats on specific roller coasters I should know about to get the smoothest/best experience possible?

Front row of the back car on Tennessee Tornado!