TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Vlogs?

gax

Would you guys ever consider doing a 'vlog' style video from any of your trips on youtube? I love the coaster videos and the photo TRs, and I know there is some short, vlog style videos from time to time, but a full length video of what you guys get up to on the trips is something I would love to watch!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ We have actually toyed around with this in the past. We find the average video retention on YouTube is between 2:00 - 4:00 which means anything after that mark never gets seen. We've talked to a lot of people who do vlogs and they tell us less than 10% of their audience make it all the way through to the end of most videos. IMO, why put so much effort into something that less than 10% are going to see? I think it's just my style of thing either. Who knows, maybe one day we'll change our minds.

Is the IAAPA coverage an exception to this? I can say that I watched those videos/interviews all the way through. I feel like you addressed this before and explained that the long form was/wasn't worthwhile.

This is a very good question. I would say those IAAPA videos is actually a good example of why we DON'T do things like vlogs or interviews anymore. Just take a look at the difference in views from our interview style IAAPA videos...

iaaap2.jpg.c8b6dc52c30a857a79cb16b3f0383490.jpg

Compared to when we post more "fun" videos from IAAPA like riding stuff on the show floor or concept videos that ride companies give to us:

iaapa1.jpg.390e9080f7912ff181990b93012d606a.jpg

As you can see, we have to play to our audience, which is not really as interested in interviews as they are more action-packed ride video, which is why we've changed how we do IAAPA coverage over the year.

If you're at IAAPA keep an eye our for us. There are some other big media events going on at the same time so we will be in and out of IAAPA quite a bit this year juggling many different things.

Is the IAAPA coverage an exception to this? I can say that I watched those videos/interviews all the way through. I feel like you addressed this before and explained that the long form was/wasn't worthwhile.

This is a very good question. I would say those IAAPA videos is actually a good example of why we DON'T do things like vlogs or interviews anymore. Just take a look at the difference in views from our interview style IAAPA videos...

iaapa1.jpg[/attachment]

As you can see, we have to play to our audience, which is not really as interested in interviews as they are more action-packed ride video, which is why we've changed how we do IAAPA coverage over the year.

If you're at IAAPA keep an eye our for us. There are some other big media events going on at the same time so we will be in and out of IAAPA quite a bit this year juggling many different things.

Totally understand, gotta know what is going to capture your audience and bump up those video complete rates.

Can't wait to see the new hotness in a couple of weeks!

I really like the way TPR's done their IAAPA coverage in recent years. Way different from all the other sites. If I want long form interviews, there's plenty of other sites I can visit. If I want the other FUN stuff, I know TPR is the place to be!

In regards to "other media events", do you guys mean Coaster related stuff or just other media in general?