TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

what made you start TPR?

flagrockerthegreat

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, i always wanted to know why you started TPR and what made you want it to.

Really, it just started as a place for me to post random pictures of stuff and "blog" about things before the term "blogging" even existed. It started off as a Geocities site in 1996 and the only real snapshot I have of what that looked like is a version of the site from 1997: www.themeparkreview.com/tpr1997

And it just sort of took off from there...

Hello, i always wanted to know why you started TPR and what made you want it to.

Really, it just started as a place for me to post random pictures of stuff and "blog" about things before the term "blogging" even existed. It started off as a Geocities site in 1996 and the only real snapshot I have of what that looked like is a version of the site from 1997: http://www.themeparkreview.com/tpr1997

And it just sort of took off from there...

The memories of web rings! Thanks for sharing this link. The old Geocities page brings back memories. I find it interesting to see the past.

^ Just played neon coaster. Actually pretty fun and I say bring it back!

What would you say if someone made a Neon Coaster Game thread for it in the "Random, Random, Random" section of the Forum?

Would you agree, Robb?

Are you getting some ideas?? Lol. I thought of making a thread for it, but thought it would be locked as it was not original. I them made a thread about harnesses... It is now locked.

I say bring it back!

Wow how far TPR has come since those humble early days. Just think of what this site may become in the next 20 or so years.

While I can't deny how the site is miles ahead of where it first started, based on the screenshot, I've always kind of liked the old-school charm/vibe TPR has. In the 10 or so years I've visited TPR, I find it neat how it still feels familiar; a stark contrast to other sites I visit regularly (i.e. YouTube, Facebook, etc.) that seem to get updated/changed every other week.