TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb, what are your thoughts on SF 2017 additions

Mr. Corn

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, while everyone would love to see RMC make-overs and Intamin mega-lite's at every park, here is something I wrote on our YouTube channel after all the complaining about the volume of clones and the lack of variety with ride theming...

I don't get all the complaining. By the logic presented by most of the comments here, you all should be upset that the parks have all those Batman: The Ride clones. Or maybe some of them shouldn't have those B&M hypers. If I had to guess, I'd say that less than 1% of the people that go to Magic Mountain also go to Great Adventure that also go to Over Georgia.

I mean, also by that logic, Disney shouldn't build any more Space Mountains or Tower of Terror rides either, right? And where are the people bitching and moaning that they announced TWO Star Wars lands that are nearly identical? Or what about the fact that there are now THREE Wizarding World's of Harry Potter that are almost exactly the same. How DARE the parks CLONE these rides!!!! How DARE Disney keep using that Space Mountain name!!! Geez, I guess Disney has just run out of ideas...

Seriously, do some of you not see how insanely stupid that argument sounds?

Not every year is going to bring giant new rides to each park. This year feels very "safe" to me, and I'm not sure there is really anything wrong with that.

Edited by robbalvey

To be honest I got 74 likes on a comment I made about how the announcement was disappointing, showing that there a a fair number of people who are a little dis heartened. It is nice that although there is little imagination, all the cloned rides are good ones. Not once has someone said that a Zamperla discovery was force less.