TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The ability to make a YouTube video full screen.

FSUFanChris

I have a quick question... I noticed that the way the HTML code to BB code (is it even still called BB code these days?) conversion is set up, it will not allow us to choose full screen for YouTube videos. Could we turn on the ability to make embedded YouTube videos full screen or is there a particular reason for it??

Thanks in advance for the reply, Robb.

-Chris

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a quick question... I noticed that the way the HTML code to BB code (is it even still called BB code these days?) conversion is set up, it will not allow us to choose full screen for YouTube videos. Could we turn on the ability to make embedded YouTube videos full screen or is there a particular reason for it??

-Chris

Hmmm... I never noticed this before. To be honest, you're the first person who has ever mentioned this, so I'm going to assume it's not a big deal for most people. I'm not sure it's worth us going in and changing BBCode to fix it. Can't you just click on "Watch On YouTube" and go to full screen there?

It depends on what YT BBcode you're using but I've found that there's usually something along the lines of "fullscreen=false" or "allowfull=false" or something like that. Haven't worked with HTML in forever but I know when I was working on adding a YT code to my forum there was something like that I had to remove. Should be in the html replacement of the BBcode somewhere, although some of the embed codes don't have it.

I personally don't mind it, as I prefer going to the YT link directly anyway.

-Chris

Hmmm... I never noticed this before. To be honest, you're the first person who has ever mentioned this, so I'm going to assume it's not a big deal for most people. I'm not sure it's worth us going in and changing BBCode to fix it. Can't you just click on "Watch On YouTube" and go to full screen there?

Yeah, I can. But that's one whole extra click. Here's what I found. It looks like you would need to actually add the 'allowfullscreen.' Here is what the HTML code looks like for the Wildfire POV...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fVMeAnxPSCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah sorry. We have so many things going on right now and literally thousands of videos to produce that I just don't have the time for this. Not when it's something that has lived on our forum for *years* and you're the first person to mention it. I'm sorry we are unable to cater to *your* personal preferences we just have to choose to spend our time elsewhere.

Edited by robbalvey

Fair enough. I'm certainly not asking for someone to cater to just little ol me. I realize that would be an asinine request. I know that while I certainly noticed it would not allow full screen, I personally never thought to ask about it for 2+ years, so I imagine I'm not the only one to notice it. With that said, I realize there are much more important things to worry about when running a site of this size, so no worries. Have a good one.