TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Beech Bend or Lake Winnie or Alabama Splash Adventure

Bhamguy

Live in Birmingham, and wondered if anyone could chime in in some of the secondary theme places. Looking for relaxed fun without a lot of waiting in line, but with "enough" for a fairly full day of fun. We go to Six Flags over Georgia occasionally, but this is a different niche for us.

We have loved Beech Bend in the past for the ease of getting on the Kentucky Rumbler, the log flume, etc. very easily. If it were closer than 4+ hours it would probably make it an easy choice for us, but it isn't.

Have never been to Lake Winnie, but heard some good things about it in terms of it being a fuller experience. What are the crowds and lines like?

Haven't been to Splash Adventure since before when it was Visionland and thought it was very poor then. Anybody been recently that can compare?

Any other regional type parks my family and I should visit in the Georgia-Tennessee (or other) areas?

Thanks - have been reading the forum for weeks and really enjoy it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't chime in on the other two. But you should come by and visit Beech Bend this year if you haven't in the past few years. We have a new credit this year, a SBF Visa Spinning coaster called "Spinning out", also we have a rare Zamperla Air Race, and the Chance Revelution Vortex was added in 2013. Plus the brand new waterpark expansion includes the only ProSlide Flying Saucer Slide in North America, you would have to fly to Spain to ride one like it!

We've been there since Vortex, but very intrigued with the spinning coaster and the Proslide Flying Saucer slide. Hope to find a way to fit Beech Bend in with Lake Winnie and Dollywood this summer.

• 4 years later...

Could not find a dedicated Beech Bend topic. Been emailing the park. As of right now there plan is to open mid to late May. My family has plans to go May 22 or 23 so we are really hoping they actually open1

Sorry did not realize this was in the ask Alvey forum. I searched Beech bend and this is the most recent one I could. Feel free to delete if needed