TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Japan Trip Itinerary

ItsMe

I am aware of the TPR Japan Guide and many threads and I did use them, taking a bit from everything. I've come to this itinerary and would appreciate if anyone could get me some feedback. Also, if you think we should kick one park out and put another one in place, please feel free to let me know why.

First, some other information:

- We are avoiding Fuji Q Highland, Nagashima Spa Land and Disney in the weekend. I might get stuck with Universal in the weekend, however they've got Express tickets available, so I'm not worried about that.

- We don't mind making long hours, starting early in the morning and getting back to the hotel late.

- We are staying at at a hotel near Shinjuku station for the first leg, Hilton Tokyo Bay for the Disney part and will hit something in Kyoto the after visiting Nagashima. We will stay at one of the Citywalk hotels the night before visiting Universal.

- * Means we are going to visit the city of Tokyo itself for a (brief) moment.

01: Arrival

02: Yokohama Cosmoworld & Yomiuriland*

03: Nasu Highland*

04: LaQua, Joypolis, Hanayashiki*

05: Tobu Zoo

06: Tateyama [some beautiful outdoors]

07: Fuji Q Highland

08: Disneyland

09: DisneySea

10: DisneySea

11: Nagashima Spa land

12: Nara or Kyoto

13: Universal

14: Departure

Besides I am thinking of a sidetrip to or South Korea for Lotte World or Hong Kong for Ocean Park/Disneyland Hong Kong. Both flights would be around $ 130.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone?

I am considering kicking Nasu out and putting Espana in, however getting there is a hassle as far as I understand. Also, because not covered by the Rail Pass from Toba Station onwards and the need to take a bus I am looking at a easy $40 from Magoya... wondering if it is worth it?

Give us more than a day to respond please.

Looking real fast I would think about doing Sea Paradise with Cosmoworld instead of, or another day Yomiuriland.

Sorry. Thought it was more... won't happen again. Stupid of me not to simply check when I opened this thread.

The thing is 14 days really is the limit. Will look into it to splitting those up. I did check SeaParadise but didn't got me enhusiastic. However I am gonna do more research on that.

I read raving reviews about Shima Espana. It surely has a better ride than Nasu. Do you (not just R&E, anyone who has been there) think the park is worth that extra money?

^I really like Nasu. It's a more traditional Japanese Park where as Parque Espana is this weird 'theme' park themed to Spain in Japan!?!? Sure they have a good B&M Invert but I don't think it's worth going all the way out there when you could do some other stuff.

Sea Paradise has a really good coaster, one of the coolest drop rides, and bumper boats with dolphins. Sold.

. . . Parque Espana is this weird 'theme' park themed to Spain in Japan!?!? Sure they have a good B&M Invert but I don't think it's worth going all the way out there when you could do some other stuff.

Especially since they got rid of Musical Circus--one of the most screwed-up rides ever.

I read raving reviews about Shima Espana. It surely has a better ride than Nasu. Do you (not just R&E, anyone who has been there) think the park is worth that extra money?

You asked for our opinion and we gave it to you. Now it seems you don't like our opinion, so now you're questioning us and asking other people? In our "Ask Alvey" forum??? RUDE! If you didn't want our opinions, don't ask next time.

--Robb "This is a perfect example of why I hate people." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^I really like Nasu. It's a more traditional Japanese Park where as Parque Espana is this weird 'theme' park themed to Spain in Japan!?!? Sure they have a good B&M Invert but I don't think it's worth going all the way out there when you could do some other stuff.

Sea Paradise has a really good coaster, one of the coolest drop rides, and bumper boats with dolphins. Sold.

Clear! So Nasu stays. The B&M on its own it clearly not worth the entire 3 hour trip and expense.

Did some more research after you suggested Sea Paradise: problaby putting in on the same day as Yokohama and will move around some stuff to get Yomiuriland on another day. Thanks for you input on this.

• 2 months later...

I am going to Japan in two weeks, I have worked out my express passes for Fuji q and universal studios but I am unable to find any details for Nagashima Spaland. I do remember reading somewhere awhile ago that they do offer them but can't find any details. Are you able to shead some light on if they do offer them and the best way to purchase them?