TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

FujiQ advice

StevenX

I'm visiting Tokyo for a few days at the end of the month. This will be my second trip there, and I've already visited DisneySea so was thinking of making the trip to FujiQ. The journey seems to be a bit of a pain and I've not heard the best things about the park, but there's a fairly unique collection of coasters so I'm hoping it'd make for a good day.

The lines at FujiQ are notoriously long and slow-moving from what I've heard. Obviously I'd like to maximise my chances of getting as much done as possible; any tips on how to tackle the park to have a good chance of doing so?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks; I found the second one, but not the first one late last night after some searching.

I'm starting to question whether going at all is a great idea, really. We'll be going from Yokohama instead of Tokyo and the buses don't get there until around 10am, an hour after the park opens. As we'll be going around December 30th, I think it'll be super busy and prone to wine and rain too, so not sure if it's worth sitting on a bus 2 hours each way if the park's as horrible as everyone says it is. I particularly wanted to visit for Eejanaika as every single time I've been to SFMM X2 has been out of operation, but it doesn't sound like the most fun experience... Nobody seems to have anything positive to say about the place!

The park has become "tolerable" now that it has the fast pass tickets that you can buy. But if you aren't getting there until an hour after opening during a busy season period, you might not be able to get the fast passes and then you'll be stuck with typical horrible Fuji-Q operations. It's something i'd consider.

The park has become "tolerable" now that it has the fast pass tickets that you can buy. But if you aren't getting there until an hour after opening during a busy season period, you might not be able to get the fast passes and then you'll be stuck with typical horrible Fuji-Q operations. It's something i'd consider.

I've now - after much wrangling with various Japanese websites - found a bus which arrives at 9:14 which might not be so bad. Still 50/50 as to whether it's a great use of one of our two days though, or whether it might be better to spend the time exploring more areas of Tokyo, or some surrounding areas.

We're only in the country for 3 days (my partner works for an airline), so I think Nagashima is too far to go with one of the two full days.

Well, you could leave Tokyo at 7am and be at the park pretty close to 10am! It's just a bit expensive.

image.thumb.png.a0a28f0b94984d862fd70d1917ce7550.png

Well, you could leave Tokyo at 7am and be at the park pretty close to 10am! It's just a bit expensive.

Yeah, I was working it out to be like £100+ (UK) return before park tickets. And it'd be another hour or so on top of that each way as we're staying in Minato Mirai (right opposite Yokohama Cosmoworld and Vanish coaster, which we rode on last time we stayed there). I think we're probably gonna leave it this time, and maybe just pop in to LaQua to have a spin on Thunder Dolphin, or nip into Joypolis for a quick coaster fix this time round.