TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is being part of the media as good as some people think?

I love pie

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has obvious benefits that are, I think, the rewards for all the effort you have to put in. Besides the stuff you also have to get done at media days it means you have to invest so much time in your PR and contacts with parks. So I would say it is great but it comes with a price.

Please correct me if when wrong.

It's a lot more "work" that people think. Yes, it's fun work, but it is still a lot of hard work.

So a bit like IAAPA? Barely time to enjoy these benefits because you are running around getting that coverage you need to stay on top? Or is a media day totally different?

• 2 weeks later...

To working media, I don't think calling media day invites a "benefit" is the correct way to describe it. It's hard work to get photos, video, interviews, talk to people, etc in a short amount of time where everyone else is also doing the same thing in the same short window of time.

Robb summed it up best: it's fun, but definitely hard work.

A "benefit" is when club TPR members get invited to just show up and ride!

Having been a writer for various publications, I can tell you that a "media day" for anything is work for those people. Sure, it's not as hard as, say, putting a roof on a house in the summer, but it's still work, it's still what you are being paid to do, and so you have to take it seriously and understand you're not there for fun.

Having done media coverage and being invited to just show up and ride a coaster for film crews to shoot footage, I can tell you that the second option is a lot easier and a lot less stressful.

dt