TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Tours?

canadianparkfan

Always considered saving up and joining one of the tours you guys do.

However, I can never find any information about any of the tours or events. The section in the Store page of the site is always blank.

So, do you need to become a member of Club TPR first, is there a specific thread where upcoming tours/registration dates/prices get posted? Etc.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After ten years of doing the TPR Tours, we have put them on hold for the time being. That's not to say we will never do them again, but we have officially taken a break from doing any "open to the public" trips or tours, sorry.

Edited by robbalvey

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll do a Club TPR eligible members tour in the next few years.

I'd love to do some overseas parks, and my partner won't fly to Foreign lands.

so my only chance I'll ever get to go to these bucket list places is likely on a TPR tour

I'm not holding my breath, but I am crossing my fingers that maybe in 2016 you'll decide to do another tour !

After ten years of doing the TPR Tours, we have put them on hold for the time being. That's not to say we will never do them again, but we have officially taken a break from doing any "open to the public" trips or tours, sorry.

Well that's a real bummer to find out the tours have gone on hiatus just around the time I was saving up for one, but thanks for the info non the less. Love TPR in general, and I really do hope the "public" tours return in the future.

Guess in the mean time i should start planning to head to CP in the next few years... That is, if Valravn is any good!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll do a Club TPR eligible members tour in the next few years.

My feeling is that if we do open up tours again, we would probably start with Club TPR Members.

all one can hope for! thanks. .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I can echo this. Most of the times you guys did past tours were when I had other life responsibilities get in the way (or not enough money). But it is certainly one of my bucket list items to be able to attend an extended TPR trip either domestically or save a bit more for one internationally!

I'm currently out of ClubTPR for financial reasons, but would easily hop right back onboard if the next chance I have for a trip is for the club specifically.

• 4 weeks later...

A question for Robb:

Obviously, the tours were a huge investment, financially, and in time spent planning such an undertaking. So how did it all start? Obviously the website was the first step, but how did you get to the point where you guys could organize such massive tours? Barely any other site/club does stuff on this level (only seen the European Coaster Club offer a similar tour recently), so I'd imagine an enormous amount of time and money goes into something like this... Something that most sites/clubs can't afford to put on.

Best regards,

Canadianparkfan

^ Anyone can afford to do it, it's just an investment of time. After ten years, we realized that our personal reward (not monetary) wasn't worth the time we put into them. In short, with the attitudes of many people on the tours, we just simply were not enjoying ourselves as much and personally wasn't getting out of them what we had put into it, so we chose to go back to doing trips on our own with close friends and smaller more personal groups now.

It's nothing personal, we just kind of didn't enjoy being tour guides anymore for people who couldn't appreciate what we were doing.

I can understand this, I think I've only ever been to one early entry in my life and I remember people were so rude when something didn't open on time and was still testing, making tapping watch gestures. I felt like saying to them, you're already at the front of the line for this thing and you can grab a fast-pass when you get off before the crowds arrive (oh the days when most parks had scan ticket free fast passes instead of paid add-ons ) so you're already have got something out of this.

People seem to expect so much more when it comes to theme park trips or events which I sometimes don't get, there's plenty of tourist tours for just touring the country where all they do is take you from a to b and that's it while the guides just put you in the entrance of the tourist places. At least with TPR you won't get rushed through due to "time restraints" and then dumped for 4 hours at a jade factory.

^Exactly. Not to mention the cost of some of those tours that don't even include parks, meals, goodies, etc. is usually so much more that what we would charge. Most of the 'attractions' on normal tours are free or super low cost like museums, churches, historic sites, etc. People just don't understand. Look up basic tours by Tauck, Adventures by Disney, etc. and you'll be shocked!

Edited by SharkTums

I am so grateful I was able to go on a tour before you guys stopped (New Hotness 2012). It was a real pleasure to join you guys. I looked back on the Trip forum and it is evident how much planning and care went into them, from the Q&A part of the forum to the guidebooks and flight help. Everything was covered and covered well. And then to be able to go on the trip and still have surprises waiting for us was the best part. It is the kind of experience I tell people about all the time, because it was truly once in a lifetime for me. Regardless of whether you go back to doing tours in the future, I hope you know that you guys did a killer job while you were at. It is a shame that there were people who didn't appreciate what you did. Thanks again!