Wes

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

I've been visiting Orlando lots over the past few years (have a holiday place there now) and have literally hundreds of pics.

But I'm not sure about the TR's and the whole rules etc surrounding them

(And I know I haven't posted here much, but being a criminal lawyer means I'm pretty much busy all the time!)

Just got back from my last trip, spent new year there and visited the parks...

However, some small child decided to delete all my pics from my camera when looking at my ice-castle MK photos.

There wil be some as the other people I was there with have pics, they live 200 miles away so need to get a copy in a couple of weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
If you upload via flock to photobucket, you can have it resize them for you.

If you upload your photos to TPR, it guarantees they will be there as long as the site is.

We only move Photo TR's to the Archive forum if the photos have been uploaded through TPR.

How do you upload them through TPR? I was reading the image attachment thing and it said your photo needs to already be on the internet to attach them.

How do you upload them through TPR? I was reading the image attachment thing and it said your photo needs to already be on the internet to attach them.

At the bottom of the Post section there's "Add an attachment," click Browse, add your picture. Just resize all of them to 800x600 first!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

In this forum you make it clear about the 800 by 600 picture size and in the Terms of Service section it has "...please keep them under 100k..." also but I have seen some 800 by 600 pictures in TPR reports that are over 100k. Has the 100k limit been removed or relaxed since this was written? Is that 100k limit still the rule? I am new on these boards so thanks for the clarification.

In this forum you make it clear about the 800 by 600 picture size and in the Terms of Service section it has "...please keep them under 100k..." also but I have seen some 800 by 600 pictures in TPR reports that are over 100k. Has the 100k limit been removed or relaxed since this was written? Is that 100k limit still the rule? I am new on these boards so thanks for the clarification.

I like to think that the 100k is more of a "rule of thumb", but it's not as strict as it used to be as internet speeds are faster and bandwidth is more accessible than it was when we first wrote that. Just don't go crazy with your image sizes, that's all!

• 2 months later...

Ok I have a problem, I have been using Windows Live photo gallery to resize my photos when I post TRs. Never had a problem with it. However I had to retire my laptop and am stuck with my desktop which uses the newest version on WLPG so when I resize my photos it increases the size of the photos over the 2 MB limit for here. Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Ok I have a problem, I have been using Windows Live photo gallery to resize my photos when I post TRs. Never had a problem with it. However I had to retire my laptop and am stuck with my desktop which uses the newest version on WLPG so when I resize my photos it increases the size of the photos over the 2 MB limit for here. Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks in advance.

See if any of these might help...

https://www.google.com/search?q=batch+photo+resize&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

• 2 months later...

I've used Paint before and it works well. I find it degrades the picture quality a little more than I like although that's kind of a moot point for general files that get posted online. I thought I would share Paint.NET, a free program that seems to retain better picture quality while still significantly decreasing picture size. www.getpaint.net/

• 3 years later...

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I was just wondering if all these years later, and with more people with faster internet, if this still a requirement for all TR's? I think someone said it is for photos to be in the park index but I noticed a few TR's which include really beautiful bigger photos that you can click to enlarge, All my previous TR's I did 800x600 to make sure I wasn't breaking the Terms of Service but thought it might be something to keep in mind when I go do my next TR if they can be bigger.

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I was just wondering if all these years later, and with more people with faster internet, if this still a requirement for all TR's? I think someone said it is for photos to be in the park index but I noticed a few TR's which include really beautiful bigger photos that you can click to enlarge, All my previous TR's I did 800x600 to make sure I wasn't breaking the Terms of Service but thought it might be something to keep in mind when I go do my next TR if they can be bigger.

It is no longer a requirement for Trip Reports. However, it is preferred that you submit 800x600 individual ride photos if using the submission tool in the Park Index, much easier for the moderators to view