TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point waittimes?

commander jigga

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I saw somewhere on Coaster Fanatics that they had the average wait time.

Basically, it depends on when you'll be there and how the weather is. I went the middle of summer, and never waited over 40 minutes for Millennium Force because the weather was so crummy. Raptor actually had a longer wait than we waied for Top Thrill Dragster, it was around an hour and a half I believe.

Wicked Twister ~30mins

Disaster Transport ~20mins

Raptor ~45mins

Corkscrew walk-on

Top Thrill ~15 to 45mins

Magnum ~30mins

Gemini ~10mins

Mean Streak ~2train wait

Cedar Creek Mine Ride Walk-on

Millennium Force ~1hour

Mantis ~45mins

Iron Dragon ~5mins

Wildcat ~15mins

yea it depends when you go. i just visited cedar point in JUly and the wait times werent too bad. MF was about 30 to 1 1/2 hours and Raptor was about 30 to 45 min wait, its best to ride MF early in the morning to beat the lines if ur staying overnight in a hotel.

• 6 months later...

Cedar Point has amazing compacity so if you go on a weekday don't expect to wait long. Avoid the final weeks of summer as people are trying to milk whats left of it b4 they go back to school...millie was 2 1/2 hours.

Halloweekends is pointless on saturdays as haunt lines can get over 2 hours long and the place is packed. Sundays and fridays are better though, if you can stand to miss the outdoor haunts. Typically try to go in the middle of the week or sunday, and even saturdays aren't bad-millie 90 minutes dragster-1 hour, 20 minutes maggie, 30 gemini. The B&M coasters have the longest lines as Raptor is at the forefront of the park and mantis is down to two car opperations. Blue streak and Mean Streak are walkons closer to park closing. iron dragon useually is only 15 minutes. DT can have long lines (45 minutes) essecially on hot days as there is ac like none other in the line. Always try to arrive early and start from back to front (all the lines in frotier town are walkons till about 1130)

All in all, cp is great on lines for a park of its size and besides ttd, mf, matis, rpt, and dt, you'll probably be looking at 20-30 minutes tops on all the other coasters. hope my cp stream of conciousness wans't to hard to follow!

I went to CP for my first time on a Sunday last September. TTD had the longest line (1 hour, 1.5 for the front...and with a few breakdowns). MF was about 10-15 minutes for the front in the morning, 30-40 minutes at the height of the day. The rest were pretty much walk-ons. The ride ops are remarkably efficient, they move people through those lines pretty fast.

Cedar Point has amazing compacity so if you go on a weekday don't expect to wait long. Avoid the final weeks of summer as people are trying to milk whats left of it b4 they go back to school...millie was 2 1/2 hours.

Halloweekends is pointless on saturdays as haunt lines can get over 2 hours long and the place is packed. Sundays and fridays are better though, if you can stand to miss the outdoor haunts. Typically try to go in the middle of the week or sunday, and even saturdays aren't bad-millie 90 minutes dragster-1 hour, 20 minutes maggie, 30 gemini. The B&M coasters have the longest lines as Raptor is at the forefront of the park and mantis is down to two car opperations. Blue streak and Mean Streak are walkons closer to park closing. iron dragon useually is only 15 minutes. DT can have long lines (45 minutes) essecially on hot days as there is ac like none other in the line. Always try to arrive early and start from back to front (all the lines in frotier town are walkons till about 1130)

All in all, cp is great on lines for a park of its size and besides ttd, mf, matis, rpt, and dt, you'll probably be looking at 20-30 minutes tops on all the other coasters. hope my cp stream of conciousness wans't to hard to follow!

Frontier Town ride lines are about to change, Thank you Maverick!!

But, however the point. Cedar Point's lines are very efficent, you will get your fill of rides before a 3 day visit (or whatever amount of days) is over. You will not be let down, unless something really strange happens, you will be surprised at good CP is with lines.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
Well they do have a VIP package that you can buy which gets you front of the line access to all rides. At least they had it last year.

But it cost way more then any normal guest would be able to afford.

I know this post is old, but it google search ranking is fairly high. Check out CoasterQueue, they have cedar point in their database for wait times. No history yet, but the about page says that is in the works. You can still view the current wait time.

At first I was in disbelief that someone bumped this almost a decade but that's actually a cool site that (in the case of Cedar Point at least) is very up-to-date. Where do they get that data? I mean obviously this one never needs to be updated because it's always right...

Untitled.thumb.jpg.4a37ff7fe14846d3b0e739b268216ad8.jpg

But what about the rest?

At first I was in disbelief that someone bumped this almost a decade but that's actually a cool site that (in the case of Cedar Point at least) is very up-to-date. Where do they get that data? I mean obviously this one never needs to be updated because it's always right...

?

Yeah I'm trying to get the word out as much as I can and this thread shows up pretty high on google search results so... haha

Some of the data comes from user submissions and some I pull from the same source as the mobile apps if they have enabled wait times. So far that's most of the Six Flags parks and the major cedar fair ones. Thus far most of the data comes from the parks. I'm in the process of adding historical data viewing for each ride as well. That is taking a bit longer than I expected it to...

The cedarpoint app now has the wait times for the rides. Not sure how they get the times, but it seems to be fairly accurate.

I'm aware of that. My website just doesn't require you to be in the park to view the data . Also I'm slowly adding in historical data viewing to the site. For example, each ride you can now see the average wait times on a daily basis.

http://coasterqueue.com/rides/5716646702350336

The #1 question I always see online is "what will the wait times be like tomorrow". I'm hoping to provide answers to that question in the long run, but I need data first to back it up! So right now what you see in my site is only using data from the last couple weeks.

• 2 weeks later...