TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ideas for Summer 2019 Trip

t-forty

Every year, I take my niece and nephew on a roller coaster trip. We've done, SFMM/DL, CP/KI, SFGAdv/HP, and SFOT/SFFT. Any parks you guys could recommend me for next year? I was thinking about Ohio again, but will now wait for KI to build their giga. We'd like to 2-3 parks with ideally a max of a 5 hour drive apart.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'll look into those. I should also mention that I was considering Wonderland or Kennywood, but not sure if there are other parks near them worth checking out

You could bundle Kennywood with Cedar Point (Waldameer as well). Then, after KI gets their new coaster, you could do a trip with KI, KK, and HW.

Just a reminder that Knoebles is only a four hour drive from Kennywood (And there’s Lakemont right in the middle of you want that ancient credit). Dorney and Hershey are there too, though I see you’ve done Hershey already.

Thank you all for the great ideas. Looks like I'll have plans for the next 5 years. For next year, I'm leaning on Dollywood, Pigeon Forge alpine coasters, and Carowinds. Fury 325, Intimidator, Copperhead strike, Lightning rod, and Thunderhead are just too hard to pass up. We've never been on an alpine coaster either and it sounds like Pigeon Forge has 2 of the better ones in the country.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

silver Dollar City is a great shout, i went last year and the coasters are really good, outlaw run, powder keg and of course Time Traveler but the park is so much more than the coasters, the shows and music events are excellent.

Branson also has a lot going on so i would definitely recommend it.

• 1 month later...