Ideas for Summer 2019 Trip

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Ideas for Summer 2019 Trip

Postby t-forty » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Every year, I take my niece and nephew on a roller coaster trip. We've done, SFMM/DL, CP/KI, SFGAdv/HP, and SFOT/SFFT. Any parks you guys could recommend me for next year? I was thinking about Ohio again, but will now wait for KI to build their giga. We'd like to 2-3 parks with ideally a max of a 5 hour drive apart.

Site Admin

Re: Ideas for Summer 2019 Trip

Postby SharkTums » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:07 pm

What about Silver Dollar City and City Museum/SFStL?

Also, of course would throw Orlando in as a great option.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby t-forty » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:33 pm

I'll look into those. I should also mention that I was considering Wonderland or Kennywood, but not sure if there are other parks near them worth checking out

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dmh1079 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:29 am

t-forty wrote:I'll look into those. I should also mention that I was considering Wonderland or Kennywood, but not sure if there are other parks near them worth checking out

You could bundle Kennywood with Cedar Point (Waldameer as well). Then, after KI gets their new coaster, you could do a trip with KI, KK, and HW.
Top Ten: El Toro, Steel Vengeance, Voyage, Intimidator305, Maverick, Iron Rattler, Millennium Force, Kumba, Top Thrill Dragster, Montu

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Just a reminder that Knoebles is only a four hour drive from Kennywood ;) (And there’s Lakemont right in the middle of you want that ancient credit). Dorney and Hershey are there too, though I see you’ve done Hershey already.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:59 pm

How about Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Dominion, and Six Flags America?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby t-forty » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:51 am

Thank you all for the great ideas. Looks like I'll have plans for the next 5 years. For next year, I'm leaning on Dollywood, Pigeon Forge alpine coasters, and Carowinds. Fury 325, Intimidator, Copperhead strike, Lightning rod, and Thunderhead are just too hard to pass up. We've never been on an alpine coaster either and it sounds like Pigeon Forge has 2 of the better ones in the country.

Return to Ask Alvey