Kennywood and Waldameer in one day?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Kennywood and Waldameer in one day?

Postby JJLehto » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 pm

I will be in Cedar Point this summer, June 2 to be exact, and am planning to take advantage and stop at Kennywood and Waldameer. I know both, especially Waldameer, are smaller parks. Is it possible to do them both in one day? Or would that time of year make it impossible? Any idea what crowds would be like at the parks in very early June?
Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Skyrush, I305, El Toro, Bizarro (SF:NE), Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Maverick, Storm Runner
2017 parks: Universal Studios/IoA, Cedar Point

Site Admin

Re: Kennywood and Waldameer in one day?

Postby SharkTums » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:14 am

I don't really think I'd call Kennywood a 'small park'. It depends on park hours the day you're looking at, traffic in Pittsburgh, and how much you want to do other than coasters.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby JJLehto » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:39 am

Thanks, never been an I have no idea what it's like.
Are there non coaster rides there worth doing? I'd be perfectly fine skipping them all unless there's something really unique
Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Skyrush, I305, El Toro, Bizarro (SF:NE), Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Maverick, Storm Runner

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:19 am

^Kennywood has some good flats and walk throughs that are pretty unique.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Kennywood and Waldameer are probably about two hours apart, so it might be doable if you go to Waldameer at opening, get the credits, and then head to Kennywood
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:39 pm

I'd recommend enjoying the whole day at Kennywood. I don't think it's a park I'd want anyone to rush through. That being said, I think you could rush through it if you just want to grab the credits and go. But fair warning, you might fall in love with the place while you're there.
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby JJLehto » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:10 pm

cparkes92 wrote:Kennywood and Waldameer are probably about two hours apart, so it might be doable if you go to Waldameer at opening, get the credits, and then head to Kennywood

Interesting you say that, because that would be the order I'd do it in.

PKI Jizzman wrote:I'd recommend enjoying the whole day at Kennywood. I don't think it's a park I'd want anyone to rush through. That being said, I think you could rush through it if you just want to grab the credits and go. But fair warning, you might fall in love with the place while you're there.

Oh I don't doubt it! I'd hate to rush, honestly the only reason I am contemplating this is not so much a cred rush, it's because Waldameer is small, and I'd hate to add an extra day to the trip solely to do Waldameer which may not need more than a couple of hours? I will be honest, I'm in it for RFII and the fact I'll be near the area. I'd be fine with spamming RFII then jetting to KW. Especially if I did it on that Thursday, less crowds I'd hope.

I do appreciate all the input! This is basically what I'm looking at:
A) Land thurs early, go to Waldameer then KW. Friday: Cedar Point. Sat fly home early.
B) Land thurs afternoon, go to Waldameer for late afternoon/early night. Friday: Cedar Point. Sat: KW then fly home late

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:36 pm

^ Where are you flying in and out of - Erie, Cleveland or Pittsburgh?

That might determine what parks to hit and when.

Return to Ask Alvey